Investment + jobs + skills = a successful city of science.
We are working with investors, businesses, communities, schools, entrepreneurs and academics to help everyone in this city to benefit from our world-class science.
Our ultimate aim is to make people’s lives healthier, longer and more prosperous.
The Newcastle Science City partnership is led by Newcastle University and Newcastle City Council.
To date we have:
- Supported over 755 regional companies to commercialise new insight-led ideas
- Created 43 companies in the North East of England
- Created 67 jobs within the companies we have supported and established
- Reached 5,769 residents with our community engagement programme of events
- Reached over 6,000 schoolchildren across the city
- Promoted Newcastle as a city of science on a regional, national and international level; supporting the attraction of investment into the city.
To find out more, take a look at our quick guide to Newcastle, a city of science, below.